Ionic DeZign Studios brings together a team of architects and designers, leaders and change-makers driven by passion and innovation. We approach every design problem with curiosity, invention and a generous spirit to uncover hidden opportunities.
We are searching for an experienced Contract Administrator. The CA will be responsible for the administration of all project related documentation and information during the construction phase, making site visits, communicating with contractors and overseeing the successful and compliant implementation of plans.
- Represent the project team as prime consultant contract administrator
- Manage, facilitate and complete the necessary contract administration forms, documents and procedures as required including shop drawings, RFI’s, site instructions, change documentation etc.
- Review, respond and provide supplemental information to contractors and clients as required throughout the project
- Conduct periodic site visits to both Hampton Roads and Surrounding Richmond jobsites to ensure construction work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents.
- Collaborate onsite with Clients, Contractors, and Engineering partners
- Monitor and advise on internal and external project budgets
- Maintain project schedules
- Support client requirements throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Coordinate production of technical estimates and documents required for construction approvals and permits
- Develop work plans and monitor project budgets
- Prepare and execute Construction Contracts and Change Management documentation
- Coordinate design objectives with design team and relay to contractors
- Professional degree in Architecture/Building Science Engineering
- 3-5 years related experience in contract administration or direct construction experience or direct Architectural experience.
- Knowledge in local building code, specification, and Contract Administration forms and procedure
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple mandates and priorities simultaneously
- Problem solving skills and ability to find unique solutions to construction related challenges
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong relationship building and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication skills
3307 Church Rd.
Richmond, VA 23233
Virginia Beach Office
293 Independence Blvd.
Building 5, Suite 308
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Please apply with a resume and a cover letter. Please also specify if you are applying for the CA position at the Richmond or Virginia Beach office.